This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bad Moods and Negativity

          This was how I looked this week.  Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but sometimes ya cudda thunk so.   I've been kind of bothered by a nuisance backache (still) and I think it's been affecting my writing of late.  In fact, I know it has.  I can't sit and type as long as I've  been doing before and I hope to have that resolved really soon.

          I started last Monday with blog conspiracy theories but I guess it's good to be careful but maybe paranoia doesn't start the week off in the best way.  I did get quite a few good comments, but then again Mondays always seem to get more comments than most other days.  This coming Monday I was planning on a piece about writing in general.  I forget what it was at the moment but I'm sure it will come back to me this week-end.

         Then Tuesday I got totally carried away when I was going to write about one thing and then thought about something really negative and got off on a rant.  Well I promise to do better next Tuesday and you can look for my post  "And Now For the Sticky Topic I Meant to Talk about Last Week But Got Carried Away Complaining About Things I Probably Can't Do That Much About.....".  Hopefully readers will find this upcoming post to be fun and informative.

         Even the Wednesday topic about my hot pepper plants, a topic dear to my heart (or should I say dear to my heartburn), was a little more piquant than most.  At least I learned that my pepper plants are piquin peppers.   I knew my readers will come through for me.   This Wednesday is unplanned as of yet.

           My topic last Thursday was probably not something writers, or any creative person for that matter, wants to hear, but this seemed like the week to bring it up--you know, my bad mood and all.  Probably a debate topic about Valentine's Day would be appropriate this week since it will be on a lot of minds.

           My Dream Day topic of yesterday didn't get many comments, but maybe everybody was speechless. But I did get a few really nice comments on my song lyrics, but I was hoping for more critiques.  I can usually count on good ol' Stephen T McCarthy to be thoroughly analytical and he didn't fail me this time either.  And then a real poet, Yvonne, from welcome to my world of poetry , had such nice things to say and asked if I had any more verse hidden away.  Yes I do.  I will have to think about that one. 


        Just for fun you might want to start checking L. Diane Wolf's Spunk on a Stick blog before or after you check mine.  Seems like we've been having some synchronous lines of blog thought some days.  I'm sure there's just been coincidence involved but who knows?   They say that great minds think alike and it would be cool for me to be included in the category of great minds.

        This week I finished Stephen King's UNDER THE DOME.  This is probably the fastest read I've ever accomplished.  On Tuesday February 16 I will be offering up my review and thoughts on this book.  Hmm--maybe my reading this book partly contributed to my dark mood last week.  Hey--it's Stephen King!  What do you expect!

         Have you read UNDER THE DOME yet?  How's your week been going anyway?  Do you think I should offer up any more poetry, verse, or song lyrics?  If I do, will you read and comment?  And if you don't like it, it's okay to say so, but try to tell me what you don't like about it.  Hey, you blog friends are great!

11 comments:

  1. Please from time to time come up with some more poetry/song lyrics.
    I do hope your back gets better real quick.
    I loved your write today going through what you have or are going to write about. Very interesting indeed.
    Have a pain free week-end.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no opinions on what you should write, except I think it should be up to you. Write what you enjoy.

    I didn't blog much last week. I have been in a mood (your photo is really of me). My last post really explained how I was feeling.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under the Dome sounds like a great read, but life is just too busy for me to pick it up! Maybe in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not read Stephen King - he gives me bad dreams. He writes well but I have no desire to have bad dreams.

    You have brought up a number of interesting points in this entry I need to think about.

    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I haven't been around to comment much lately but I AM still "here". I have been so faithful to the blogs I follow until lately, maybe its a case of "cabin fever" that has set in. Living in a part of the country that has two feet of snow on the ground off and on for several months and the temps don't climb above 20 (on a good day!) its easy to have happen. Anyways, that mask could easily be my face at assorted times lately! Hurry up Spring!! Hope your back is feeling better. I commisserate as I have had several back surgeries myself and do know the feeling of constant back pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Bro ~
    That backache has been lingering. Maybe you should get it checked out? But before you do, let me axe ya this:

    Do you drink plenty of water? Chronic Dehydration can be the cause of MANY pains and illnesses that we wouldn't ordinarily associate with insufficient water intake. I highly suggest you read the book "Your Body's Many Cries For Water" by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj.

    But regardless of whether or not you read the book (after all, who wants to cut into their valuable Stephen King novel-reading time?), DRINK MORE WATER!!!

    And yes, I just hit you with a forceful, snapping left jab. But friends can get away with that, and anyone who reads Stephen King when they could be reading G. Edward Griffin DESERVES a forceful, snapping left jab. But, bear in mind, if I didn't care about you, I wouldn't have spent my own time to come on here and tell you to... DRINK MORE WATER!!!

    Your Concerned Buddy...
    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great read as usual, arlee, sorry, I haven't been around much,because I've been busy with my book.

    Hope you have a great weekend and look forward to catching up with you next week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon! I'd be grouchy too if my back hurt all the time.

    I think blogging is better for me when the topics just come to me out of the blue. Although that's a pretty scattered way of going about it, come to think of it!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of us get in a funk from time to time. And try as we might, I'm sure it shows in our writing. Love this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yvonne-- Thank you and I'm sure I'll continue to toss out some more verse now and then--I enjoy it.

    Teresa --You were kind of away and I sense a sort of downness with the last post. Alright let's you and I get back in the groove this coming week!

    Jemi -- "Dome" is long but fast.

    Tom-- "Dome" is the first book by King I've ever read. It gave me some creepy dreams, but I wouldn't say bad -- I rarely have bad dreams.

    Cheryl -- We don't worry much about snow in L.A. and I don't envy your snowfall except it is kind of pretty to look at if you don't really have to go anywhere.

    S.M. -- I drank water all day today I did feel better, but sure had to go to the bathroom a lot.
    But seriously, thanks for the advice. I looked up his books and they sound interesting. Actually I have been starting to drink a lot more water lately. I rarely drink soft drinks like I used to.
    And stop picking on us fiction fans. Some non-fiction is fiction.

    Jarmara -- Go Go Go with the book and good luck!

    Elizabeth --- although having my daily themes planned helps, I still get a lot coming out of the blue and usually that's pretty much fun.

    Carole --- Just so I don't stay in a funk. That guy in the photo looks like he just ate a big super bowl dill pickle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting..keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee