This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Awards Saturday Dec 11

Today is my daughter Emilee's 24th birthday--Happy Birthday Emilee!


And now--
More awards

This Awesome Award comes from Jaime Gibbs at Mithril Wisdom, who recently celebrated his first anniversary of beginning his blog.  He attributed part of his success to his participation in the Blogging From A to Z Challenge.  I'm glad to have been a part of Jaime's journey.  Jaime gave me the option of passing it on if I wanted to with no rules attached. 


          Dorolerium at I Totally Paused! gave me a choice between an award that I've already received several times and this Life Is Good Award.  It looks nice and I haven't gotten one of these yet and life is good.

Rules for this one are:


1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.


2. Answer the 10 survey questions.


3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.


4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.




The questions and answers are…

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I do use a pseudonym because I share my real name with about 67,000 other people in the United States and if I used my real name you wouldn't know who I was.   I'm happy doing it that way since I am building an internet presence for Arlee Bird.
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:

That's a hard one since I can be very stubborn sometimes and it's no real secret.  I'm so stubborn that I'm not going to answer this question.  Okay, okay--for my high school graduation the principal of my high school requested that I cut my hair.  It really wasn't that long, but I guess they thought it was back in Tennessee in 1969.  No way was I going to cut it cause I "felt like letting my freak flag fly", to quote David Crosby.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I essentially see the same me that I have seen since high school--except what happened to the hair!

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?

I don't like soft drinks like I used to, but I still have them now and then.  These days I prefer water, chocolate milkshakes, or beer--it depends on my mood and the time of day--but generally it's water.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

These days it's mostly blogging, reading, or, on rare occasions, watching a movie no one else will watch with me--usually documentaries or arty films like Fellini movies.
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

There's still tons I'd like to accomplish--books to write, songs to compose and record, a tour of speaking or something else (I like being on tour), and whatever else I can find to keep me busy and fulfilled. I don't ever want to just stagnate.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

I was usually pretty shy, but good grades were always important to me.  When I could pull it off, I liked to shoot for a laugh now and then, just so I didn't get in trouble.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?

Death can certainly create these feelings and the time I spent with my Dad during his last days certainly had a lot of poignancy.  I was almost forty at the time so he'd been with me for much of my life, but still he went too young at 67.  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in July of 1990 and took a rapid decline after that with his passing coming at the beginning of September.  I was glad that I was there, but it was a sad time.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

Either way--I like to write about others, but I do write a lot about myself, not so much in the present time, but about my past.  I like to tell stories like I used to tell my kids when they were growing up.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Since I live a long way from most of my family and friends, most of the time I only get to talk to them on the phone, so I do like to call them now and then, although I don't talk to any of them as much as I used to.  I talk to my mother regularly a couple times per week, but others only when the whim hits me.  I guess the real answer to that question depends on my mood, but I now probably read more than I talk on the phone.

Here are a few of the bloggers that I'd like to recognize (and if you are an award free blog then that's too bad.  I can't keep track of that and I'm too lazy to check and I am not a big respecter of blog rules which is why I'm not going to go for the full 15 links I'm supposed to provide and I might not contact you for the same reason):
 
Andrew at Who Wants Taters? -- This is one wacky blog.  Andrew comes up with some truly crazy stuff and then always pairs it up with an outrageous movie review. 
 
Powdered Toast Man at Just the Cheese-- This is another blog in a similar vein as the previous one.  What's these guys and their blogs named with food themes.  
 
Lisa at Leaving Nadir  --- She's got a good continuing story going on.  The new one's just starting.  You may want to check it out. 
 
Uh-oh!  I have to go pick up my granddaughter.  This award show is over.  The rules are broken.  This post is done.
 
 
*
 

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your well deserved awards. also a very Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    Have a lovely week-end'
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards, Lee! And hey I'd watch those movies with you, I'm in the same boat :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, hey....
    Thanks for the nod! I'll do the questions soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day to your daughter!

    Ah, I didn't know Arlee Bird wasn't your real name :)

    I'm very honoured to have gotten Jamie's award with you and Alex.

    And congrats to Lisa, Andrew and Toast Men. I know the first two very well and love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and I cheer on anybody who breaks the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Emiliee. Hope you like the award; the only rule is to be awesome, and you've got that down already :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Emilee. Congratulations on your awards Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your Emilee :)

    I was also one of those shy kids in class. These are interesting questions and I enjoyed your answers!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Emilee!

    Congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Bday to your daughter!! And congrats on your awards ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I just loved reading your answers...a shy rebel!

    Congratulations on your awards (and the recipients) and a very happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you. I liked a lot of your responses to the questions, very honest and informative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!
    And if either of us journeys to the other side of the US, we'll have to hook up sometime and jam. And watch a movie nobody else wants to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A man who likes talking on the phone? I don't even like talking on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your list of beverages! Something for everyone on there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, EMILEE!

    You have my all-time favorite female name. Lucky you!

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    Congratulations on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Emilee! Congrats on the awards, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the awards, well deserved. Fun learning more about you. Hope your daughter had a very Happy Birthday.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for all the congratulations and on behalf of Emilee thanks for the well wishes.
    Movie festival at my house!- I still have a lot of DVDs still in the wrappers just waiting to be watched.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations (and happy birthday to Emilee!).

    I love awards like these--they have such interesting questions, and I enjoy the peek into the life and personality of bloggers I read regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog! And what a great day to join yours when I get to learn so much about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Lee! :) Hope Emilee had a lovely birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow thanks everyone and thank you dad!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your awards. Great questions and answers too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Again, thanks to all who left their nice comments. Kristin Rae, thank you for visiting and do hope you'll stop back.

    Emilee, wish we could have been there for your birthday, but we'll see you pretty soon. Love you, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  27. good for you on getting awards! I gave up on those a little while ago. I wasn't any good at passing them out again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the awards!
    Not that it matters, but I hate talking on the phone...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee